Can’t believe Passover is over, it literally flew by. We had such a great time over at Lisa’s in Connecticut for the first night and then the second night at our place in the Hamptons. Always love having Mom and Dad share the holidays with us and we were quite a happening crowd. It was such a great decision not to get a chef, everyone comes starving for my Passover recipes (all featuring Streit’s amazing Passover products) so I was thrilled when they dug into my food with hearty appetites. I’m such a Jewish mother – I just love dishing out food to everyone!
Passover may be over, but we still all need to eat – so I’m very excited to share this recipe with you. It’s perfect for those who are watching their weight after their Passover or Easter food fest.
Crispy Oven-Fried Schnitzel Strips with Sweet Curry Dipping Sauce
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup Streit’s matzo meal
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ¼ cup oil
Curry Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
- 4 tbsp. Streit’s mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. Streit’s curry sauce
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Cut the chicken into thin strips.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl with ½ tsp. salt, ½ tsp. paprika, ½ tsp. garlic powder and ¼ tsp. pepper. Add the chicken strips and mix gently.
- In a separate bowl, mix the matzo meal with ½ tsp. salt, ½ tsp. paprika, ½ tsp. garlic powder and ¼ tsp. pepper.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the crumb mixture and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Drizzle the chicken with the oil and bake on 400°F for 20-25 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, curry sauce and honey. Serve alongside the schnitzel strips.
Your family will love it!